Entries for month: October 2008
I didn't post for the 10.1.4 release, so here are the changes for that:
- More complete table DDL output
- fixed bugs in table DDL
In the 10.1.5 version, a Data Sample tab was added for tables and views which simply outputs the TOP X rows for the item (I was reviewing some databases created by others and found that I was lacking context for the columns that seeing a few rows of data helped address).
Data sampling can be shut off by setting the dbx.dataSampleRows value to 0 in config.cfm (25 by default).
Under certain deployment conditions, specifically using hosts file entries and resolving a server which may have multiple IP's/sites configured on it, the relative path references to JS and CSS files can create a cross-site scripting condition which prevents the browser from rendering properly.
v10.1.3 adds some additional code to force fully resolved references to external assets which should mitigate this anomaly.
Note that this isn't really a problem with DBX (or any other application), but rather a weird condition where the multi-homed server is resolving relative references differently than what the client is resolving via its hosts entry.
Right on the heels of the 10.1.1 release, the 10.1.2 version adds DDL create script output for tables, views, sp's and udf's.
The DDL functionality previously existed for all objects except tables (via the View Schema button in detail view), but the new version adds table scripting support and a new inline display as a tab, rather than requiring a new window.
Click an object in the nav tree and then the 'DDL' tab in the detail view to see the tsql create script for the object.
Added a bit of code to attempt to handle errors generated after using DBX at least once (and having cookies set) and then changing the value DBX uses to encrypt cookie data (yielding invalid results).
Easiest solution is simply to delete all cookies, close the browser, then change the encryption key value and hit DBX again, but I've tried to address it a bit further in the code.
Also added an inline tablesorting feature to the DATABASE/Table Info tab. This table is a really great way to get an overview of space consumption in a db and I had always lamented not being able to sort it. Not sure how many others even know about this area but I encourage you to look (click Database in the top menu).